Thursday, December 10, 2009

Feliz Dia de Accion de Gracias

Wow. Sorry I have been really bad about posting new blogs. I am probably going to post a couple here just to get some things out there. First of all I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving.

I had an amazing thanksgiving. Yes it was different because I wasnt with all my family, as a matter of fact, I wasnt with anything of my family. However, I quickly realized I was here with my family in Chihuahua. As students and teacher, we have all become a family. I mean, honestly how can you not after being in class 6 hours a day 4 times a week and then hanging out on the weekends?

We were invited to spend thanksgiving with The Tarrants and their family. I felt very special to be invited to celebrate this special day with people who I love. Greg began by saying all that he is thankful and how he was thankful for each and every person that sat around the table. Of course, I began tearing up...but that is normal. We then all dug in the food. We ate all the typical food for thanksgiving and let me tell you I could have eaten 10 rounds, but I stopped at 2 rounds to save room for the delicious pumpkin pie. I have so much to be thankful for and I know I dont say it enough.

First off, I am very thankful for this opportunity to be here in Mexico for 4 months to learn spanish. I cant even being to explain this experience that I have had, but I wouldnt change it for THE WORLD. I am very thankful for the family here in Chihuahua who offered to host me for 4 months because I am not just another person staying in their house, I am part of the family. One day we got back to the school and my dad here was outside. I yelled "Hola papa! como estas? and he said to me Hola hija! muy bien! Afterwards, my teacher was telling me how she thought that that was really neat to see and really special that we called each other daddy and daughter because its shows the type of relationship we have. SHe told me that if people would have seen they would have thought that he was my real dad and I was his daughter. I am also very thankful for my real family. They have allowed to be here and to follow my dreams. They have always encourged me to follow Gods plans and my dreams. When I told them "Hey. I am going to live in Chihuahua for 4 months to learn spanish, there was never a moment where they told me I couldnt because they knew how much this meant to me. I love yall and miss yall!

Obviously I am thankful for all my friends, new and old, and just the life God has blessed me with because I am blessed. I pray I always remember that.

Well I hope you all had a great thanksgiving, and remember we should be thankful everyday for the things God has blessed us with, big and small, not only on one day out of the year.

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment