Wednesday, December 16, 2009

And the journey ends...(at least this one)

Okay. So I just re-read my entry about the next before I left to come here to Chihuahua. It was names "And the journey begins". Therefore, I felt it fit to name this one, "And the journey ends"

As I was reading my entry the night before I left Plano, I realized that I could literally copy and paste that entry and put it here. I feel all the same feelings I was feeling the night of August 21st, only now its December 15th.

I honestly cant believe that my time here has ended. 4 months at the start seemed like a lifetime...but not it feels like a blink of an eye. But I couldnt be more thankful for this opportunity to come to Chihuahua and live here for 4 months. How many people can say that at the age of 18th they lived in another country and learned to speak a different language...well Abigail and Belen can haha....

I could sit here and right about all my memories and experiences but there will be time to share all the stories. Right now my mind is just rushing with thoughts and feelings. I dont think I will be sleeping very much tonight. Its hard to leave somewhere you have grown to love. I love Chihuahua. It feels like home. It feels right. I cant express how much I love my church here "La Casa de Mi Padre." Everyone at my church is so welcoming. Since day 1 I felt like part of the church. They never treated me like an outsider and always helped me with my spanish. We really started hanging out outside of the church about 2 months ago and now I feel like I have known them forever. They are some of my best friends. Its so cool to sit back and realize that I can be such good friends with people, who at the beginning, didnt speak the same language. Now, its just normal, like hanging out with my friends in the states and chatting it up. So cool to just think about.

I am really sad. I am really going to miss my wonderful family, the school, my friends, the teachers, and the city. My time here was a once in a lifetime chance and I took advatange of every moment. I dont regret anything. It was the best experience of my life so far. Thanks to Inter-Action and all the people here in Chihuahua, I now can speak spanish :) It is so fun.

I was talking with one of my friends about how I am not ready to leave and just how I am going to miss the spanish. I am going to miss always hearing spanish, on the radio...tv....and just everyone talking in spanish. I am going to miss always reading spanish....I am going to miss always speaking spanish.....I am going to miss all the little puestos and ordering in spanish....yes I hope there will be opportunities to speak and use my spanish in Texas...but its just not the same. Basically, I am counting the days till I can come back and just be surrounded completly in spanish.

I cant wait to see my family and friends in the states. It has been awhile and I just cant wait to hug each and everyone of you guys.

Just keep me in your prayers this week. Its going to be a little hard ajusting to the states. I am not really sure if I am going to know how to handle things. Its just different and I am a little afraid of culture shock. I know I am been to mexico many times but only for a week or two at a time. 4 months is alot different.

Wow. I just wrote alot and pretty sure none of it makes sense but that is just cause my mind is just running. I am sad, happy, excited, nervous and just about every other feeling. Wow. I will be in the states in less than 24 hours. So weird. So weird. So weird.

Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment