Monday, December 14, 2009

Tuve un buen fin de semana :)

Well. I had a great last weekend here in Chihuahua. I still cant believe I am sitting here typing that. 4 months. 4 months. Went by faster that I thought it would. However, my last weekend here couldnt have been any better.
Thursday was our last day of classes and our going away party. The classes were really fun cause we just talked, played games, and just enjoyed our last day together. Our going away party was perfect. Everyones family was there and all of the teachers and their family's. We ate tamales and had like 5 different desserts. We recieved our Inter-Action t-shirts which to me symboled that we graduated from the class and we can officially now say that we can speak and understand spanish. The t-shirts are a new design this year and I am really excited because we are the first group to have them :) As students we decided to make a video to kind of end the course. With a little help from one of our teachers we came up with the idea to have each of us be one teacher and Ray be Greg. I have to say it was awesome. The teachers loved it and laughed the whole time. Hopefully Ray will eventually give it to me or put it on facebook so yall can all see how much spanish we really did learn :) We spent all night just talking with the teachers and Greg and Paloma and Ana and all the other students. I couldnt have been any better. Of course I cried....big shocker :)

Today. Sunday was amazing. In the morning I woke up early to go watch my dad here in Chihuahua play in the finals of the end of the season basketball tournament. It like a rec league but it was so fun. There are different age levels and the one my dad is in is called "Dinos" because its only for people older than 50. It was so fun watching their passion for the game and just how much fun they were all having and the best part is we won first place :) Its really cool how my family here as alot of things in common with my family in the states...dads who LOVES basketball and moms who both have diabetes. After the game my mom and I went out to eat menudo which I actually really like! We ran into a friend of my uncles and ended up all talking forever and he then payed for us. I wish I was more generous with my money. I hardly have anything but why cant I share more with the little that I have? After that I hung out with my sister and cousin at the mall for a little bit then went out around the town with my mom. We had a blast just talking and spending our last few days together. We also are really good fish today :)

In the evening, at my church, La Casa de Mi Padre, there was a Chrismas Dinner. All the youth learned a dance and a song to perfore during the event. It was really fun learning it. Then with 4 other girls, I learned another dance to a Christmas song and I had to learn almost all of it 30 min before we had to preform. But omgsh it was so much fun and I just love those girls. Then we just all ate and talked to forever! I learned some really cool games with all the youth today and they all wrote Britton and I a letter. Honestly, I never once felt like I was an outsider at the church. They always welcomed me in and are honestly some of my best friends now. O how I am going to miss my youth group here. Afterwards some of us girls just went over to one of their houses and chatted and laughed FOREVER! It was so much fun.

GREAT GREAT GREAT! memories and times here in Chihuahua that I will never forget.

See all you Texan folks this week!

Love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment