Thursday, November 19, 2009

Nos faltamos poquito...

Where to begin.

We are coming down to the wire. I will be leaving here in about a month. We only have 3 more weeks of classes. Wow. I cant believe how fast it has gone by. I dont like to think about how short of a time I have left...because I want to be able to enjoy the days I have here with my family, at the Lirio, at school, and with my friends.

I went to Lirio this past weekend. I wish I could adopt everyone of those kids because they deserve to be shown how much they are loved. I wish I could hug each and every one of them all day every day just to show my love for them. The love I have for them in unconditional because that is how God has taught us to love. Yes at times it gets tough being constantly asked can I use your IPOD, your phone, your backpack, your camara but then God softens my heart and reminds me that they just want to feel loved and this is one way they can see that we care because we trust them. Honestly.....its going to be extremely hard to leave next time. It will be my last time to be able to go out there and it breaks my hearts when they just plead for me not to leave. After spending some much time there I dont know what I am going to do next time. Please pray.

I was able to stay out at Lirio an extra day this past weekend because we didnt have school on monday. We spent 5 hours cooking for a going away party for Greg and Paloma. Let me tell you, the food was AMAZING! You can ask Greg and Paloma themselves. When we arrived, there were tons of pastors from all around the city. Each and everyone of them spoke about how much of an impact Greg and Paloma have had on their lives and churches. It was so cool to sit back and watch and listen to the stories and the encouragment as they move on to Africa next year. I am so proud of them, not just because they are going to Africa, but because of the impact they are making here in Chihuahua with so many people. They will for sure be missed here, but tons of people will be praying for them daily. All the pastors and friends have decided to get together every month to just have a prayer time. How cool is that?!

Prayer request- My diabetes. I dont know what is going on right now but my body just isnt doing well with the insulin. Usually at bedtime my blood sugar level is really good, but without eating anything or doing anything, I wake up with a high blood sugar level. My mom sent me 2 months worth of insulin and I am almost out. THe thing is I am not taking excessive insulin or I would be low all the time. When I read the box of my insulin it said to inject with 60 units every day. In the one box (which is "worth 2 months") there are 5 pins each with 300 units. Basically if I took 60 units a day...the box would last 25 days. I am not sure how that equals 2 months. It is frustrating because it is so expensive and I hate putting the burden on my parents. At times I just feel like not doing anything..checking or taking insulin...just cause I am tired of it. But dont worry I am taking care of myself here so much better than when I was at home. I have gotten back into the habit of testing EVERY TIME I eat and before I go to bed and I am taking all the insulin when needed. Just pray that I can continue to get under control. Thanks guys.

See yall soon!

CON AMOR :)

No comments:

Post a Comment