Saturday, November 7, 2009

Oremos Chihuahua...Las Grutas...Cuatrimotos!

LAS GRUTAS
Friday all the students went to visit some caves. Yes there are caves in Chihuahua about 15 min from my house. Is that not really cool? Well even if you dont think its cool...I do :) Although it was really humid it was fun! It ended up just being us students in a group together with our guide. Not to mention he was cute :) haha sorry! But anyways there were TONS of stalagmites and stalactites! There was a part that we went through without light to get a feel of what it was like forever ago when the miners worked without light! That was a little scary. But after sweating for o about an 1 it was over and we headed downtown and hung out there all day!

OREMOS CHIHUAHUA
This has to have been one of the coolest things :) At my church this past sunday I recieved a flyer that said Oremos Chihuahua. Honestly my first thought was this kinda sounds like the God of This City event back in Dallas. I told everyone I really wanted to go. So we went! When we first got there I got the goose bumps. It was so amazing to see how many people showed up to this outdoor event. Yes it wasnt as full as the concerts I have been to here, but it was still so amazing to see everyone worshiping God. In this city there are few Christians compared to Catholics. Therefore, I didnt expect that many people to be there. When we got there, it felt just like the "God of The City" event that I went to this past spring. We all stood worship our God and praying for Chihuahua. Praying to take away the terrible violence through out the state. We prayed that there would be Justice. Peace. Joy. We all live in a lost world, but our God saves. They invited all the pastors that were there to go up on stage so we could pray for them. How powerful. God was so powerful and I felt his presence there. Then we ended with one of my favorite songs, and it happened to be the same song that "God of The City" event ended with to. And of course that would be God of The City or Dios de Esta Ciudad. Purely Amazing. I love how no matter where you go...God is there.

CUATRIMOTO
Yes thats right. Today I got to ride a 4-wheeler in the mountains of Chihuahua. Britton's family invited all the students to hang out with them today. They own a farm with land and a house but we decided to go more into the mountains to have more of an adventure! And boy did we! We drove about 2 hours on mountain road! Then we started riding the 4 wheeler. There was only one so we took turns! Ray and I drove really fast of course and the view was absolutely gorgeous! I loved it. Then we all cooked out and had a great time! However one of the trucks got stuck in the mud and sand. So we spent about 2 hours trying to get it out. Meanwhile though we climbed things, took pictures, and talked! Finally a tractor came to the rescue! It was a great adventure!

Good time in Chihuahua!

No comments:

Post a Comment