Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Prayer

Okay I promise this one will be short. Well at least shorter than most. I am not going to write about what I have been up to or how much fun I am having. Just wanted to talk about whats been on my mind lately.

We recently started subjunctive form of spanish. It is difficult because we dont have anything like it in English to compare to. Therefore...it is stressful. On top of that I am starting to get really stressed about where to go to college this next fall. I will be going to CCCC next spring but only for the spring. Then I will be transfering...just dont know where. I have a couple in mind but I really need Gods provision right now. I ask that you could just pray that God continues to lead me where he wants me to be. Just pray as time is nearing an end here. I dont do well with change therefore...I am not even close to being ready to leave. I feel that time has gone by way to fast. Just pray that God softens my heart and prepares me for another big change.

I also have the opportunity to go to Guatemala in the spring time. Pray that if God wants me there he will put everything in place for me to be able to go. I would love to go because it would be a chance to use my spanish. I am always looking for changes to use it. If you have any ideas of how I can keep up with my spanish when I get back let me know :)

Continue to pray for my family. Today I read my sister here status on facebook and it was discouraging. They read

"los misioneros salen al mundo a cristianizar a los salvajes, como si los salvajes no fueran ya suficientemente peligrosos" and "dicen que la fe mueve montañas, pero en realidad la dinamita ha resultado más útil"

These say that missionaries go aroud the world christianizing the savages as if they werent already dangerous enough. The other reads they say that faith can move mountains, but reality is that dynamite actually is more useful. This is discouraging and sad to see people perseption of Christians. Some people just see it as one big joke. Please help me pray for them and that I can just continue to be a light.

A little fun new...i ate cow testicles today. Yes thats right cow testicles. My family told me after I had eaten them and I cant lie but they were really good! :) I didnt get a picture though! How sad! Cause I prob wont eat them again! But hey thats okay! ANd a new baby cousin was born today! He is precious!

I just ask for Prayer right now. I am getting tired really easily and I think its just really heavy work cause I am at school from 9 to 1 and then 4 to 7. Then its dark and not much happens. Therefore its school all day. And ALL SPANISH!

Thanks for your prayers and please let me know how I can pray for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment