Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Me encanta mi vida :)







Well I thought I would be updating this very often...but obviously that hasnt happend. I apologize but I will continue to do my best.

This past week was a GREAT week. Honestly it seems like every week is a good week. I am going to share with you a little about each day or the things that were significant.

Lunes- we got a new student, Linda from Switzerland and she is here for a month and is in my class :) I have really got to know her and she is really really sweet. Then my mom and I looked at pictures from Batopilas and ate filet mignon for lunch at my house. Can you say AMAZING?! Monday I had alot of doubts. Just doubts that I will actually learn spanish. Which sounds a little crazy, but satan is trying to get in my head. At this point it had only been a week, so I know things will be alright.

Martes- Classes were WAY more encouraging. My teacher Edith really encouraged me. God was using here to talk to me and tell me that I am doing well and just really lifting me up. Then tuesday night my sister Eva and I went to a drive in movie! QUE PADRE! We saw twilight..it wasnt actually a drive in movie theater but a big projector on a side of a plain wall building. It was better! Although we didnt have a car so we just sat outside while it rained! Which is seems to do EVERYDAY here. It was my sisters first time to see twilight and lets just say shes hooked. We are already getting tickets for the premire of Nueva Luna :)

Miercoles- For morning class we decided to go out and about around town just talking. A really good way to learn to communicate in everyday life. I really love the atmosphere around here and at school. Then I went to watch Ray play his tenis game, which he lost. Que triste. Then for some exercise in the evening after classes we all decided to meet up to walk around the deportiva (about 1 1/3 miles around). However its a 45 min walk just to get there so it was alot of exercise :) Then it began to POUR. So we got drenched and found somewhere to eat dinner, hoping the rain would die down. It never did so we got a taxi and headed home. First time to ever ride in a taxi. Very interesting I might add.

Jueves- For break...we ate barbacoa tacos! Que ricos. Then for lunch my family was invited over to my aunts house to eat, but not until 3:30 and so I talked to greg asking if it would be okay if I was late to my classes and he said it was fine and that my spanish was going well :) When I returned to school no one was there cause they went to eat some ice cream. So I had a good convo with are AMAZING secretary Ana. Later after my 15 min of class (hehe) Eva and I went over to a friends house to watch a movie, but before I went and saw the monument of Pancho Villas grave site. IT WAS HUGE!

Viernes- Went to the good ole wal-mart to buy a couple things. Then ate tacos camarones or shrimp tacos. They were delicious. Then ray and I made the trek back home. It only took ohh about an hour. :) Then Mama Rosa and Papa Ed from Lirio came to pick Ray and I up. I was off to one of my favorite places on earth. There is really know way of explaining Lirio you just have to go. Maybe in one entry I will just explain the way this place works. Its amazing. And Mama and Papa seize to amaze me. Did I mention they are praying about the posibility of Lirio 3 in Kenya, Africa? Well they are. Amazing.

Sabado- Basically it was the monthy clean day. This means EVERYTHING gets cleaned and deeped clean. I was put on washing down all the mattress. All the kids and I cleaned for about 3 hours. Then we basically just hung out. Later on in the afternoon we went to the boys soccer game. There were two different games. One for the younger boys and one for the older boys. They both won :) IT was muy chido! I cant really explain how much I enjoy this place and how much I love just getting to hug the kids and never wanting to let go. They are VERY special to me. And they are the reason that if its in Gods plans, I would love to adopt. Please pray for these kids and the adoption process and for you and your family and maybe the possiblity of you adopting. Trust me there are kids out there who would love to be a part of your family. I have no doubt.

Domingo- We stayed at Lirio to watch over the house and the kids that didnt go to church this sunday. Another day to love on kids while they love on you. I was only there for a short time but trust me I cant wait to go back. The kids didnt want me to leave but I know I will see them shortly and they know that too. When I got back home, my mom told me that my family here really missed me. :) I missed them too. I wouldnt change ANYTHING about my life right now and I have no doubt it is where God wants me to be.

Lunes- Another wonderful day at school. I know wonderful and school arent supposed to go together, but here they do. Trust me. During our morning class we ended up talking alot about our churches back home and the differences and our beliefs. I love talking about this kind of stuff! And we did it all in spanish! In the evening I let my family borrow my computer so they could skype with my other city in Mexico City. Evas computer doesnt have a mic or a camara so its a little difficult. To see the smile on their face when they were able to see their daughter and visa versa was amazing. It made me happy. Then after my sister Eva wrote on my wall on Facebook that she was really happy that I was her sister. I also got to talk to my amazing cousin Brian on skype. Boy do I miss my him.

Hoy- Classes were normal. I am a little sick right not. Not sure if it is a cold or alergies. I am hoping its alergies. In my morning class I got to talk alot about my diabetes and different things about my family. It was really exciting. THen for dinner, we (as in the students) decided to walk and get the most amazing hamburgers ever! They were delicious. We stayed and talked forever. It was really fun!

I want to apologize again if these entries are really long. But you dont have to read them! It is just a place where I can write about my adventures and trials while I am here in Mexico. I honestly see God here and in my life so much. He is ALWAYS faithful and will ALWAY provide. Never forget that. I love you guys and miss you. Thanks for being a part of my life story.

3 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie! So good to hear all about your week, it sounds like it was truly awesome and filled with a lot of adventure! The food sounds great, school sounds like it is going well and everything else. I am so glad you were able to go to Lirio, please tell everyone hello for me (give Julio a big hug from me) We miss you here, went camping and it wasn't the same with you or Kels-cuz she was usually with us. Take care- I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Court!!
    Wow it sounds like things are going so well down there!! I love love love ready about your weeks!!! I'm so glad you're having such a good time...when you start getting discourgaed, just think about how great it's going to be when you can come home and show off to all of us non-spanish speakers :) i love and miss you so so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie, I love all your pictures, I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. I can't believe how fast it has gone by. We miss you bunches. i love you, mom

    ReplyDelete