Monday, September 28, 2009

El Grito




Okay. So I first have to apologize that I have not updated my blog in awhile. I guess I have just been a little lazy and we have been pretty busy. I am going to spare all of you and do a couple different blogs about significant events that happened in the last two weeks, instead of telling you every detail of every day. ENJOY :)

First off Tuesday el 15 de septiembre, we had a fiesta in our classes for Independence Day because we didnt have school the following wed. During our break we ate every typical mexican food it seemed like. During our break, my teacher Edith asked me if I would explain or tell the whole story of Mexico's Independence Day to everyone. This included all 4 teachers, 6 students, Ana (our secretary) and Greg and Paloma. Therefore, you could say I was just a tad bit nervous. But I SURVIVED and everyone told me I did a great job!

After classes in the afternoon, we headed to my church Mi Casa de Mi Padre to pray over Chihuahua and then to eat :) After we all headed to EL GRITO! El grito is an event in downtown Chihuahua where thousands of people gather. The governer starts the event by yelling things like VIVA CHIHUAHUA! And everyone repeats VIVA! and then VIVA MEXICO! VIVA! VIVA MEXICO! VIVA! It was a very neat experience. Then afterwards there was a firework show. I have to admit it was the BEST firework show I have ever been too. It probably lasted 45 min and there were fireworks shooting off bulidings in all directions towards downtown. Then there were these fireworks that were stationed on top of the buildings that would start spinning fireworks and were different designs and words. They all changed every so often. There was even a waterfall of fireworks off one of the builidings. Basically you should be jealous that you didnt get to experience this firework show (only kidding). It was amazing! After the fireworkshow there was a concert! We stayed and danced to some mariachi songs! I had a blast! Then the following day there was NO SCHOOL! It was also the first day I slept past 9 a.m.

I would have to say that I enjoyed Mexico's Independence Day a lot more than Americas! VIVA MEXICO! If you ever are in Mexico on the 15 of september...figure out where downtown is and go enjoy an amazing event!

I went back to lirio for the weekend :) amazing. Then monday was one of my teachers birthday. We had a cake and of course a pinata :) It was a lot of fun! I also talked with my sister Eva for over 2 hours just about everything. I love her and it was fun to actually be able to carry on a conversation for that long.

ILOVEITHERE :)

"If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously...And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly."
Romans 12:8 (NLT)

2 comments:

  1. i miss u! sounds like ur having an amazing time, love the bible verse at the bottom :)) you have an amazing day my love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! wow that sonds like a lot of fun, and the fireworks sounded amazing! It's so great how well you are doing on your spanish! It does sound like Independence Day there was full of fun and great food. Can't wait to see your pics from the mountains and here about the trip. Wow, sleeping until 9:00 is a rarity, now that's a new leaf for sure. Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete