Monday, September 14, 2009

Extrano mi familia y mis mejores amigos...pero ahora estoy en el lugar que Dios me quiere tener.

In case you didnt understand what my title meant...Its says I miss my family and my best friends but right now I am in the place where God wants me to be. I wish I could explain it better but that sentence pretty much sums it all.

Miercoles 9/9: Today was a day of encouragement. For homework the night before I had to write a one page paper. Then next day when my teacher Edith read it over I only had 2 mistakes. I was honestly shocked but proud at the same time. Then in the afternoon my teacher Laura told me that my spanish has improved termendously since I have been here. Honestly before this I wasnt sure I was learning anything or getting any better because I am around it 24/7 so its just natural. God knew what I needed to here. Thanks GOD :) Ray and I also went to the Fashion Mall to buy some clothes for one of my good friends at Lirio, Silvia. This past saturday was her 15th birthday, something every special here in Mexico. Therfore we bought here some gifts :) thanks to the help of many friends back in the states.

Jueves 9/10- Lets just say today I didnt want to learn more spanish. This was kinda unfortunate for me since I am at a Language School. haha. Therefore instead of class we went to Pancho Villas house. It def. beat having class! Then in the afternoon everyone came over to my house to have a cooking class taught by my mom! We learned how to cook paella. I cant really explain what it is but it was DELICIOUS! After class Ray and I went to Lirio to give Silvia her gifts. SHe loved them and was so thankful!

Viernes 9/11- "Remembering 9/11" Julie, Linda, Ramon y yo fuimos al Fashion Mall! Sorry random spanish thrown in there. I ate a subway, yes subway sandwich, drink, and chips for $3.75 gotta love it. We killed some time by shopping around. Then we went to see "La Cruda Verdad" or The Ugly Truth. We watched it in V.I.P which is basically amazing. HUGE seats and you can order food and everything. A little like Studio Movie Grill...but better and only for about 5 bucks. After the movie we headed to Italianissimo. Obviously an Italian restaurant where I had a ceaser salad.

Sabado 9/12- COOKING DAY! Yes basically all I did was cook. We cooked a meal in the morning like normal. Two meals in the afternoon, one normal and one for a party. Then Ramon y Linda came over to help us make 2000 yes 2000 bocadillas, which are like small sandwiches. We cooked por una boda (wedding). It was alot of work and by the end of the day we were all EXHAUSTED!

Domingo 9/13- I woke up to get ready for church but then Laura, one of my teachers forgot to pick me up. It was my fault because I didnt talk to her about picking me up. So instead I skyped with my family back home. AHHH I miss them alot. Then I practiced driving our car around Chihuahua. My family wanted to see if I was good enough to take the car out when I needed to. I PASSED! Therefore, me and my sis when to Fashion Mall to see another movie, "Reconstuyendo Mi Vida" It was very good.

Fun. Fun. FUN times here in Mexico. And wed is Independence day here so we wont have school! And tomorrow night is a going to be CRAZY. Basically the whole city with be downtown. CANT WAIT :)

I love you all very much and keep in touch. I want to know how yalls lives are going. Remember to always pursue God with all your heart.

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go...I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."
Genesis 28:15 NIV

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are doing great. I am so proud of you. Ginny is coming up today and we are going shopping for antiques. We are going to ride an antique train through the Ozarks. I will let you know how that goes.
    I love you Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing great Grandma! Thank you :) that means alot to me! Adn aww that sounds like so much fun! Yall are going to have a blast. The train ride I am sure will be gorgeous!! Yes please let me knwo how it goes!
    I love you tooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep plugging! I am so proud of you for sticking with it, I am sure as you said there will be days when you don't want to speak any spanish that is totally normal when you immerse yourself in a different culture, I am confident as you are that god is going to use you in so many ways one of those is being able to speak spanish. I love hearing what's going on. Callie won her volleyball game, and Plano lost ( not so good right now) Tell everyone hey, love you sweetie and miss you too.

    ReplyDelete