Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Inauguración y La Sierra y Concierto






Last Tuesday I had the opportunity to attend an Inauguraction. It wasnt just any inauguraction. For those of you who know Lirio, you know how special this place is to me. Two years ago a team from Chase Oaks Church helped build the kitchen for the older boys home. At this time there was 1 house for the older boys to sleep in. It held 16 boys. Sometime last year the kitchen was finished, but Lirio's dream was to have one more house to hold 16 more boys. However, they were not sure when this would happen because of money issues. But, God ALWAYS provides.

Because of this last week was the opening of the new boys home that now houses 16 teenage boys. There was a whole ceremony. Presenting of the flag, the national athem, and a school band played along. Then we all headed inside to here some very important people speak. However my favorite part was a slideshow that was put together to represent who and what Lirio stands for. It was a tear-jerker for sure. It showed all the different building but most importantly the kids there and their lives. Many of the kids have recently graduated and 4 are in college right now. There have been weddings and celebrations. This place is unique and special. Each one of these kids has amazing people who love them dearly.

After the ceremony we all walked outside with a balloon in hand. Mama and Papa cut the blue ribbon and we all let go of the balloons. The new home was open. All the boys were very excited to see their new home and a place where they can have more privacy. I am so proud of all the kids at Lirio. They each have a special place in my heart and have a special place in God's heart to.

This past weekend we went to Creel. A town fimiliar to me. Last year I went on a mission trip to Batopilas and it was indescribable. We stayed in the same place I did last year. It brought back many memories from our trip last year. RUTH, PHILIP, KELSEY, RAY, GREG, and I. I got to see the Elephant rock and the lake. Then we all went to the Barrancas del Cobre or the Copper Canyon. The copper canyon is by far the most beautiful thing to this day I have ever seen. Then Saturady we took an 1 and 1/2 hike to some waterfalls. I love God's creation. It seizes to amaze me. It was a great vacation with the school and I reallly loved just being in God's beauty. You would have thought we were in Mexico. Ahhh I loved loved it!

Now for the concert. This past sunday I went with my church youth group to a free outdoor concert. Little did I know that here this group is EXTREMELY popular. They are from spain and their name is La Quinta Estacion. They were awesome! There was about 6000 people there so you can only imagine how squished we are were. But none the less it was awesome! I LOVE IT HERE!

"For the Lord you God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9


No comments:

Post a Comment