Sunday, August 30, 2009

MI primera semana aqui :)


WARNING! WARNING!
Well since it has been a week since I have posted
...its going to be a long one!

Well tuesday was a very good day for me because I really began to be part of the family here. I talked alot with my parents here who started calling me their daughter! I also got to talk alot with my older sister who is EXTREMELY nice. I fit right it with my family! I love them. Then wed. my family and I went out to eat some tacos! Que ricos! And also me and my sister Eva are friends on facebook now :) In school on wed. we played pictionary in spanish of course! haha it was very fun and funny! I love playing games during school! Then I got to talk with my bestest friend Kelsey on skype! I miss here alot. alot.
Thursday was the really first hard day for me. I dont know why but class was just frustrating and I dont know, satan trying to kick in. I really started missing everyone. But it got better. I went to the CITY CLUB, basically Sams Club with my family to buy lots of food and then we went to My dads sister, so my tias store and they gave me a free coke and chips :) They are the sweetest. I also learned that mis padres have been married for 31 anos and were novios 5 anos antes. Que padre :) (Which means like how cool.) Camila and Guierrmos mom asked me more about my religion today. She asked me who baptized me and when I was baptized. I hope this is the start of many more conversations.
Friday NO ESCUELA :) Therefore ray, britton, and I met one of our teachers Abi downtown where we did lots of exploring and everything is decorated for Independence Day! This was my first time throughout the city. Muy Chido! (very cool) I bought a Chivas Jersey with my COURT written on the back and then we all walked for what we thought would be 20 min, for 70 min to eat Gelado, but it was worth it! If you have never tried it...do it now :) I also got to talk and see my wonderful family on skype! How I miss them terribly!
Yesterday I started the day off by cooking with my mom. But it was some serious cooking! We cooked for 40 yes 40 people! We cooked and prepared things for 2 hours. But I loved it! Every minute of it. I really got to spend quality time with my mom. We also took lots of pictures together! Then of course I took a SIESTA! Everyone needs to have one of those per day! Then it was time for youth group. We sang some songs and then the pastor spoke. I actually understood most of it! Then we all went out for ice cream together afterwards. I really love the people in the youth group they are really funny and really help me learn spanish! They make me laugh and I cant wait to get to know them even better than I already do.
Hoy! I went to church this morning with the same amazing people! It was a little harder to understand but I will get there (hopefully). After church I went home and ate with my family. You should all be jealous (not really cause jealousy is bad haha) but really because I know I am eating food that is 500x better than yours :) trust me on that one. Cada comida. Cada Dia. Then I went to the movies with mi hermana. We went to the movie theater in the mall. She paid for everything! What a great sister! I am very blessed. We saw G.I Joe of course in spanish. I liked watching it in spanish. It helps me understand more spanish because I can here the words and see the actions. Fue muy chido :) Then I went again with mi mama y papa to his sisters store where of course more food and more drinks! Then we went to my dads other sisters house where I met more family. So much family! I cant remember them all, and we all know how bad I am with names. I met someone who is 19 who is somehow related to my family here and he was very nice and said that sometime I should go and hangout with him and his friends to get to know more people and practice spanish of course! Great day!
Basically over all, I LOVE IT HERE! Yes I miss people terribly but I wouldnt change anything. God is great and loves us termendously. All the time. NO matter where we are. Who we know. Who we are. We are his beloved. And I couldnt be more thankful for that. God has blessed me with this amazing oppurtunity. Gloria a Dios. Mas escuela! Here we come. Love you guys and miss you! Stay in touch. And remember GOD LOVES YOU and you can always lean on him NO MATTER what!

Con amor.

5 comments:

  1. The weeks will start flying by now! When you get back, will you come cook for me (at the same time you're teaching me Spanish,
    of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was only a 20 minute walk court. everything in chiwas is 20 minutes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray, if you planned the 20 minute walk I know it was more like an hour. Trust me. Court sounds like a great week and weekend, great picture of your and your host mom-I can't wait until you come back and cook for us. Just wanted you to know Clayton drove the xterra to Braums tonight, so watch out! So glad you have been able to go out and do so much and also learn while you're doing it. We miss you a lot around here, I miss waking up in the night to see you going to town on your computer, but mostly I miss hearing you and your friends around. Love you sweetie. mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds so great. I know you are having fun and learning alot. Can't wait to have you cook for me when you return. All kids and dogs are doing fine. I miss you and love you very much.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. C-Parr!!! Thanks for posting. I have been reading and enjoying every word. Thanks for keeping us updated on how things are going. Kick Ray in the butt for me....and tell him it's from me, with LOVE. Bahhahaa!

    We love you and pray for God's hand to be upon you daily!!

    Brett

    ReplyDelete