Monday, August 24, 2009

Mi primero dia de las clases y mi iglesia!


Hola mis amigos mejores!
Let me start with church (iglesia) first. One of my teachers picked me up from my house and we went to church, La Casa de Mi Padre...The worship was amazing! We actually sung a song that I became very familiar with when I went on my mission trip to Batopilas. The song De Tal Manera is a very beautiful song and I really could feel Gods presence and really worshipped, something I wasnt quite sure that I would feel while I was here. But God is faithful and we can worship in so many ways and languages. I met a bunch of the youth there who were all VERY welcoming and actually invited me to come back that same night to look at pictures of a weekend where they went to camp. It was really neat to see that different cultures still participate in the same activities while glorifying God. I really enjoyed meeting the youth and really feels like a part of home that I miss dearly is still here. Gloria a Dios!
Y Hoy fue mi primero dia de mis clases...and to say the least...the best surprise EVER...so Greg had told me a couple months ago that there was a student from California that would be studying here...I didnt think anything of it...as we are sitting there waiting for this "mystery" student...RAY TANG...yes RAY TANG walks in the room...and most of you could probably here how loud I screamed all the way from Texas...then of course the tears start rolling...I honestly couldnt believe my eyes! I still dont know how he kept it from me this whole time we talked about me going here and everything...but it made it so much better to be a surprise! Every time I think about it, I smile. I am so happy for him cause I know he has been talking about this for years, but I am glad he waited till I was able to come here too. Its going to be a great semester...no doubt! It was going to be amazing, but now even more amazing!
As far as the classes go, I am in a class with Gregs sister Julie, and she is so sweet! And my teachers are Edith and Laura. I can already tell I am going to love them. Lots of spanish was crammed in my head today, some things I already knew, but some I didnt. I just cant believe I am finally here. I cant wait to learn more spanish and to really learn the culture because it is a huge part of me. Lots of spanish spanish spanish..it makes me want to type here in spanish but then no one would be able to read it! Well it was a great first day of school! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! Stay in touch!

Love,
a girl loving God with all her heart and more

p.s. yesterday I read my mommys entry in my journal! I know where I get my heart to serve others from. She is a great role model and my hero. I dont know what I would do without her and of course her idea to do everything she has for me since I have graduated...especially this journal :) it is such an encouragement and i love it! I am not going to write the rest of whose I read but I want to thank all of you in advance. You truly dont know how much this means to me. Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. Can't believe Ray is there...what a treat! Sounds like you're getting more fluent already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Ray is there...I'm sure you're having the best time, but you have a little piece of home there too...even if he technically lives in CA now....and you do have an incredible servant's heart, it's one of the things I've loved about you for years...and I sort of envy....love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. surprise! now you don't have any excuses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww girl i'm so glad you're having such a great time!! haha i love the way you write, because as i read it i can almost hear you saying it all to me! i can't wait to hear all about what God does in and through you down there!! love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are enjoying the journal, I hope it is an encouragment to you! love you. Hope you have a fun weekend exploring around Chihuahua. It says from Callie because she set up a account and it overrides my name.

    ReplyDelete