Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mi Familia

I sit here writing from my new bedroom for the next 4 months. I cant believe this day has come and gone. I have been looking forward to this day since my freshman year of high school. And I sit here today in Mexico with my new family.
The plane ride was rough. I had to say goodbye to my family who means more to me than anyone will ever know. Its weird to think I wont be seeing them for a very long time, but I guess we all have to grow up sometime, and my time is now. I got to talk with Greg before I got to my host home just about my family and the upcoming semester...so this entry might be a little long, and if you know me..you know I can write a book sometimes!
My host home is literally right across the street from Interaction! Therefore, I can sleep in extra late and just run over when school starts. I also have the advantage of having wi-fi in my home and can also get the wi-fi from the school. I am not going to be on alot but just to update my blog and such.
Now about mi familia. I am living with a Mama Rosie y Papa Luis. They have two older daughters, one who is off in college in Mexico City, and the other who lives here...but i cant spell her name and I think she is about 20! They are such a sweet family! Mama Rosie also cooks for I think its a government office on the weekends and is an AMAZING cook. I can not wait to see all the yummy food we eat. I have only been here half a day and love the food! Mama Rosies niece lives really close and she has two kids, one girl 4 and on little boy 1. Rosie told me they are over here a lot and that excites me cause we all know how much I love kids. I learned from Greg that this family actually are not Christians. Greg told me that he hopped maybe by just me living here something might happen. They fully know the school is Christian based and are totally cool with me going to church every sunday. I ask for yalls prayer and that I can be an example to my family and that God can use me to impact them. I see this as a huge opportunity and just cant wait to see how God will use me.
Tomorrow I am going to church with one of my teachers :) I also found out that Gregs sister will be in my class with me and we will have the same teachers. I am really excited about this and cant wait to meet here. Classes start monday...I miss yall and love yall very much! Keep in touch.

P.S- Today before I left my mommy told me there was a little surprise for me. I looked at it and it is a book where friends and family wrote a note to me. I cant even tell you how much this means to me. I couldnt decide at the beginning if I was going to read all of them today or what I was going to do. I figured out that what I am going to do is read one entry per day and so that I can be encouraged when times get rough and know that I have people back home that love me and are praying for me. I couldnt have been given anything more special. Todays entry was my daddy. I love him so much and thats an understatement. He means the world to me, and I couldnt be more proud to call him MY daddy!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey court! im soo excited for you! i know you ar egoing to have an amazing time! lemme know who your teachers are. be safe and have a great time! cherish every opportunity! i love you and am praying for you constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't really know how to do this, but this is Toni (f you can't tell--not sure about that). Glad you made the trip OK, and that you like your family there. Who is Greg?

    Your parting gift sounds perfect, and I like your idea of reading one entry per day....that will make all those sweet things last longer.

    Am sure you will have bouts of homesickness, but you'll be back before you know it.

    Went up to see Nancy, John, Jace, Athena, Jeff, Kara, Mikah and Canyon yesterday...was terrific to see them all again....only bummer was someone rear-ended my new car on the way. Not a big deal, and nobody was hurt, fortunately, but the car doesn't look too good!

    If I'm supposed to sign up for an account somewhere to respond to your blog, you'll have t tell me where and how. Take care, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweetie! I'll see if this works this time, I posted a few comments but they didn't go. I love hearing about your new family and am so excited for you. I know you will be a blessing to them and them to you, I'm sure they will teach you a lot (may be how to cook:) I laughed when I heard how close the school was to your house, you said roll out of bed and run to school. Sounds like home...Take care love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey court!
    i miss you it sounds like everything is going so well for you:) i miss you a lot
    things here i actually just got home from the funeral well it was yesterday.. but im gonna try to write you a letter:)
    but im gonna be praying for you and your are going to be having so much fun and im excited to hear about it! love you girl
    love Ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Punkin' sounds like things are going to awesome there for you..I am excited for you. Pretty cool you are living with a family that knows how to cook big time. Take lessons!! Know that I miss you already and love you big time!!! Have fun at first day of class tomorrow and know that the days ahead will be full of surprises. Big Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Courtney! I'm glad to hear that things are going well so far. I love you and am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks guys! i really appreciate all the prayers and thoughts. i know times will get rough but i will always remember i have people back at home that love me. i miss you guys already!

    and ashley..i only know my afternoon teacher right now and its Laura...and she talked about you :) she is amazing! she took me to church with her this morning! love you guys and i will continue to keep yall updated...but not too much! hehe

    ReplyDelete